Today I launched my first ever #AWS EC2 instance. It's running Apache. I've been a web developer for just over two years now yet seeing that 'Hello World' come back to me in the browser gives me a sense of wonder. A feeling of being capable of magic 🧙
#1 To set 2/3 yearly goals
#2 Be kind to myself when something doesn't get done
#3 To leave the phone in another room at night
#4 Sunday will be my only news reading day
#5 To throw away sugary treats left from the weekend
Note to self on React ⚛ testing
- Unit tests, test your algo. Use
- Integration tests, test features.
No backend. Use Jest + React
- E2E tests, test app as a whole.
Uses test database. Use Cypress
Tips for using useRef in React ⚛
- It's for keeping values around between renders.
- Unlike useState, updating it will not trigger a re-render
- It's a side effect so only update it inside useEffect or useLayoutEffect
I used to looked up to people who achieved more than I. Got my head sorted, surpassed them, realised they weren't so smart after all and chased status; a thing I wasn't interested in. I just lacked the confidence and mentors earlier
With #jamstack you have three hosting options.
1. Git based - good for devs.
2. Headless - good for large projects & non devs to use.
3. Self hosted - wordpress sites that have an API for your jamstack build process to use.